What is the European Academy on Youth Work (EAYW)?
The EAYW is an initiative of National Agencies of the Erasmus+ programme, youth field, and the European Solidarity Corps and SALTO-YOUTH Resource Centres. The EAYW aims to support innovation in youth work and youth work policy, promote the development of quality youth work and contribute to creating a common ground on youth work and youth work policy. It offers a regular platform for reflection, exchange and knowledge gathering on innovation and current European topics, trends and developments in and with relevance to the youth field.
In particular, the EAYW wants to enable learning, as a field, about why, when and how innovation in youth work happens and under which conditions innovative approaches and practices are successful in responding to current developments and challenges faced by young people across Europe.
In this respect, the EAYW responds to the demands expressed in the final Declaration of the 3rd European Youth Work Convention to encourage and support the different stakeholders in youth work in Europe to strive “towards the maintenance of the good structures and practices that already exist, their development when the need arises, and the space for innovation in our thinking, our organisation and our practices”. Especially “in a post-pandemic Europe, youth work must seek to innovate and go further than the paths already known”.
The outcomes of studies and reflections and the exchange of good practices, views and debates on these questions undertaken in the framework of the EAYW should support the further development of youth work as well as political frameworks for youth work development in Europe and thus contribute to the implementation of the European Youth Work Agenda through the Bonn process.
The 2nd EAYW event will offer a space for knowledge-building through peer learning and exchange, and networking, in particular:
- To jointly explore what are the main challenges and trends in and of relevance for youth workthat are calling for and leading to new, innovative and creative approaches and developments;
- To showcase and mainstream innovative practices, approaches, concepts and strategiesdeveloped in response to these challenges and trends;
- Tofind out more about how innovation evolves in youth work, and which conditions are needed by young people, youth workers, organisations working with young people and other relevant stakeholders to develop innovative and impactful approaches, practices or strategies and
- To produce outcomes of the reflections and discussions during the event, which will help to build knowledge as a field and support further developmentsrelated to innovation in youth work.
Profile of participants
The target group of the EAYW are:
- Experienced youth workers, paid and/or volunteers, from all levels (local, regional, national, European) and representatives of NGOs as well as
- Professionals in areas with relevance for the youth sector, such as
- representatives of youth work policies and public services, National Agencies and other youth work structures,
- trainers and educators in the field of youth work (education) and
- professionals from the fields of science and research.
Dates: 2 – 5 November 2021
Application Deadline: 8 September 2021
More information, as well as the online application form can be found at https://www.salto-youth.net/tools/european-training-calendar/training/european-academy-on-youth-work-2nd-edition.9505/