The value of non-formal learning for youngsters will be discussed by experts/practitioners of (non)-formal education -experts conceptual and research level; -practitioners’ best practices and tools; -the participants themselves ( workshops)
People are constantly learning everywhere and at all times. Not a single day goes by that does not lead to additional skills, knowledge and/or competences for all individuals. For people outside the initial education and training system, young people with fewer opportunities or early school leavers in particular, it is very likely that this learning, taking place at home, during their leisure time or during a voluntary service, is a lot more important, relevant and significant than the kind of learning that occurs in formal settings.
However, learning that occurs outside the formal learning system is not well understood, made visible or, probably as a consequence, appropriately valued.
The aim of the conference is to:
- Know more about policies and practices giving non-formal learning the appropriate value
- Exchange on methods and tools facilitating recognition
- Exchange best practices between countries
- To build a bridge between the formal and the non-formal sector and between employers and youngsters with fewer opportunities by enhancing the mutual understanding on opportunities and obstacles in each of them
The event should bring together experts and practitioners in the field of formal and non-formal education in order to discuss and analyze the value of non-formal learning for young people. This topic shall be presented on different levels:
- By (scientific) experts on a conceptual and research level;
- By practitioners who are presenting their best practices and tools;
- By the participants themselves during interactive workshops and based on the experts’ input and their own experience.
- Cross-sectoral cooperation
- Development of youth work quality
- Recognition of non-formal learning and youth work
Dates: 8 – 9 December 2021
Application Deadline: 1 October 2021
More information, as well as the online application form can be found at https://www.salto-youth.net/tools/european-training-calendar/training/recognition-of-competences-acquired-in-the-non-formal-sector.9171/