Youth work is systemic and youth workers’ competences do not develop in a vacuum: everything and everyone plays a role. What are the systemic skills needed for youth workers? What is the value of looking at competence development from that perspective?
This edition of YOCOMO – also called ‘YOCOMO Systemic’ – is a learning experience that explores the potential of looking at competence development not only from an individual perspective but also from a systemic perspective. In this case, the system is not a bureaucratic or institutional one; it is rather about having a ‘systemic view’ on the whole field of your practice as a youth worker.
This course will invite you to look at the role of the whole system of interconnected players in your field (for example your organisation, young people, parents, schools, local community, etc.) on the development of your competences as a youth worker.
- you are a youth worker and you already have experience with international mobilities, but want to develop your competences further,
- you are interested to experience working with the ETS competence model for youth workers,
- you are motivated to explore the meanings of a ‘systemic approach to competence development’ in your work,
- you are curious, open and ready to look at your youth work practice from a different perspective,
- you are looking for a great opportunity to meet other colleagues and share, exchange, support and evolve.
Then YOCOMO Systemic is the right learning experience for you!
Should you be interested to join this learning experience, it is important that you are involved in designing, implementing and evaluating the pedagogical activities organised by your structure. You will be asked to direct your own learning and in particular, have the ability to self-assess your competences (attitudes, skills, knowledge and behaviours). All participants must have a structure that supports them (NGO, school, municipality, youth centre, etc.). A fairly good knowledge of English is necessary since it is the working language.
Dates: 18 – 22 October 2021
Application Deadline: 25 August 2021
More information, as well as the online application form can be found at https://www.salto-youth.net/tools/european-training-calendar/training/yocomo-an-ets-learning-experience-for-youth-workers-a-systemic-approach-to-competence-development.9439/